Critical Reflection

Over the course of the module, we have learnt so many skills that are applicable to our school work and in the workforce. I have achieved one of the goals I have set for myself before the start of the module, which is to be a better presenter. But this is definitely not the end of it as I feel that there is still so much more room for improvement. Also, having mention earlier in a blog post that I face difficulty penning my thoughts down into words, this is an area I feel I still have to work so much on.

I'm extremely grateful to be presented the opportunity to pitch my team's proposal in front of the cohort. It was definitely an honour and the highlight of the module. I’m glad I did not succumb to the coward within me and grabbed the bull by its horn by stepping out of my comfort zone. As cliché as it sounds, I do believe that learning and growth only occur when we have the courage to step out of our comfort zone.


The main takeaways from this module for me are better presentations skills and how to be a better team player. Nothing is perfect on the first try and we have to continuously redo it until we get it close to perfection. I’m also thankful for my groupmates for not being critical whenever I have my opinions voiced out. It was definitely one of the reasons why we were able to work well with each other. 

Comments

  1. Hi Zhou Zhi,

    I'm very glad that you are able to step out of your comfort zone to present in front of the whole SIE course and I am even more proud that you have done an excellent job! Everyone is responsible for their own learning. The amount of effort you give will determine how much you are improving. Never stop giving your best and I hope to see more of the "confident" Zhou Zhi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zhou Zhi,

    Glad that you took the opportunity to present during the showcase as it is a good learning experience that not many people will receive. And yes, I believe that we will only be able to learn when we step out of our comfort zone. I hope to see more of that in you, me and everyone else. Let's work together to improve ourselves!

    Glenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zhou Zhi,

    A job well done on presenting your team's proposal to the entire SIE cohort! I am sure that you have definitely achieved your goal to be a better presenter as I can see the improvement in your presentation skills as the module progresses. Do remember that nobody is perfect and everyone will have to work hard in order to achieve what they want. Hope to see that from you not just in this Effective Communications module, but for the other modules as well. Keep it up!

    Jasson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for this final reflection, ZZ. You address the two areas of the assignment and in doing so revisit your original goals. I'm happy that you feel the module facilitated your ongoing development. It was also great to see your team and you perform so admirably at the showcase. You really did take the bull by the horns, and you wrestled it to the ground!

    All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts